Sunday, May 1, 2011

NARS Brousse Eyeshadow Duo: Trial and Error Review

I used the Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer as a base...which may have been my first mistake and then applied the deep brown color all over the lid and put the purple shade in the crease (Nars calls it a black violet...I say it's a deep plum).  There was some fall out from the purple, but that could have been that I was using my crease air brush. Rest of the eye is in the buff Revlon pallette for the corner and UD Sky Scraper Mascara.

Just ignore that spot on my left eye that I smeared the shadow off on.  Don't worry, I fixed it before going out.

After about 3 hours of wear and being outside in the hot sun, the eyeshadow started to slide off a bit...I normally don't use the Kat Von D primer, so I'm going to try UDPP or a paint pot from MAC to see if it works a bit better.
Overall, I'm not that impressed by the NARS eyeshadow duo more in part b/c I'm factoring in the $34 price tag.  I'll certainly continue to use the shadows, but I'm not sure how soon I'd purchase another.  I think I have to play around with other primers first.

1 comment: