Monday, May 30, 2011

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller Before & After

The Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller has been hyped up a lot lately and for a little under $14 (can be found in most drugstores or online), I wasn't willing to give up that money for a product that seemed a little bit gimmicky.  But, my CVS had $10 off of $20 for Garnier skincare, so I picked up the roller ball with the sheer tint.
Eye Before:
This picture was shortly after waking up after not getting as much sleep as I should.  My face is washed, I do not have on concealer or foundation. And yes, I do have some freckles now that it's summer :)

Eye Immediately After:
Eye After 5-minutes (Added eyeshadow & mascara):
The eye roller claims to instantly brighten and correct dark circles as well as energize and simulate microcirculation in the eye area. There are two formulas for this product, the original transparent one and the sheer tint one that claims to fit most skin tones
This is the close up of the color, but it really does blend in well to the skin.  And the roller ball feels smooth and almost therapeutic.

I would most likely still top this with a concealer as I don't think the product gives the coverage that I need (although it did cover some of the discoloration around my eye), but I do feel like it brightened the eye area, more so in the inner corner. I would use it alone for a minimal make up look, like maybe if I were wearing only tinted moisturizer, but in my daily work day, I'd go for the concealer on top. 

The box says to reapply throughout the day and the tube is portable, but it's not something I want to have added to my bag.  I'd rather buy a good concealer to top it with, set the concealer and be set for a few hours.  I'll keep trying it to see if I notice any other changes.  It does tingle slightly at first, but nothing more than like a lip plumper.

5 comments:

  1. The coverage doesn't seem very good! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vintage, Yeah, sadly it's not great on coverage. I watched a lot of youtube videos that made it sound like a miracle worker, but I definitely needed concealer over it! I'll use up what I bought, but I wouldn't repurchase it...especially for $14

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your post over at In Her Makebag and had to come check out your review. I did buy it because of a Youtube rave and thought it didn't live up to the hype. Thank god I got it on sale! LOL
    BTW I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Raina! I know, I'm so glad I didn't pay full price either! I was expecting miracles the way it was hyped. I guess we expected a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hun. Thanks for checking out my blog. =) Just wanted to return the favor. I love your blog. Definitely following.

    -Dinah
    http://dgsbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete