Saturday, May 28, 2011

CVS (Drugstore) 75% Off Haul (Going on now!)

You know you're excited about your purchases when the minute you get home, you start taking pictures for your blog. Anyone else do that?

Anyway, CVS (stores in the US, not online) is having it's 50-75% off mark-down again.  Please remember not all stores are putting out the stickers, so try scanning some items to see if it comes down. Not all shades with foundation/concealers are on sale, so unfortunately, you may not be able to get a match (but if you are looking for something to mix with another foundation, it may work).
  1. Almay Dial-Up Mascara in 020 Black Noir (w/ free automatic eyeliner) Reg $8.49. Sale $2.12
  2. Rimmel Glam'Eyes in Spicey Bronze. Reg. $4.39. Sale $1.09
  3. Rimmel Glam'Eyes Lash Flirt Mascara in 003 Kohl Black. Reg. $8.39. Sale $2.09
  4. Rimmel Waterproof LASH MAXXX in 001 Black Noir. Reg. $9.39. Sale $2.35
  5. Rimmel Stay Matte + SkinPure Complex in 103 True Ivory. Reg. $6.99. Sale $1.75
  6. Revlon Age Defying Spa Foundation inh 003 Light. Reg $14.29. Sale $3.57
Recommendations: I haven't tried any of the mascaras, but I have bought the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation before and I like it alot.  I wear it to work a lot set with my MAC MSF Natural. And for under $2, if you have been wanting to try it, I'd say give it a shot.  At my CVS all the shades were on sale.

I've already swatched the eyeshadow and it seems very soft and powdery.  Expecting some fall-out with this one, but the pigmentation is great.

in the sunlight, it's more glittery:

But if you are not going to be in much sun, it's more of a shimmer, so it's not over-the-top glittery

I think Spicy Bronze will be a great summer shade to get that bronzed goddess look.

I'll be reviewing the mascaras and the Revlon foundation as I try them out.

2 comments:

  1. I love sales, very pretty stuff you got. For some reason my CVS was only having a sale on Jordana (cosmetics-wise), bummer. But great loot you got there. :)

    ReplyDelete