Monday, May 9, 2011

No Extra Tools Challenge! Using Wet & Wild ColorIcon Lust Palette

So, I'm sure this is already a tag either in the blogging community or youtube, but I wanted to try doing an eye look using only the tools that the sets came with our just my fingers.  I chose the Lust palette by W&W mostly b/c it has a sponge tip applicator and a "brush".  Normally, I know alot of people just toss these, but if you are stuck in a pinch, they can work well enough to get the job done.
I used MAC's paint pot in Vintage Selection (applied with finger) and Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara.
Next, I used the light pink shade (meant to be the highlight) all over the lid with the sponge tip applicator.  Then, I took the small "brush" and used the deep purple shade in the crease.
Highlight for the inner corner is from the Revlon 12-hour Palette In the Buff, applied with finger.
Overall, you can work the brushes provided, but I noticed that when I tried to "touch-up" before photos, the fall out from the shadow is greater, so I recommend making sure the shadow is how you like it and then applying mascara b/c my highlight shades fell to the inner corner of my lashes.

I can deal with having to use the sponge tip for an all over the eye  color, but for the outer v and crease, I miss my real brushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment