Tuesday, June 28, 2011

CVS Haul and Lip Swatches (Cover Girl Outlast Review)

I had about $22 in Extra Bucks at CVS, so per the usual, I hit the makeup aisle looking for some deals.
Left to right: Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Peony, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Whisper, Cover Girl Outlast in Coral Satin, and NYC Nail Polish in Persistent Putty (review and swatches soon, testing it's 7 day claim now!)
Peony & Pink Whisper.  Pink whisper is definitely more of that strawberry milk pink

Peony on the lips.  Nice sheer coverage, nice amount of shine without looking glittery.

Here's Cover Girl Outlast in Coral Satin.  It's definitely a deeper coral.  The formula, as with most stain products is drying.  You can see when I'm smiling it settles in lines and it looks like the skin on my top lip is stretching alot.
Here's the same stain (and with extra lighting) with the balm over it.  The balm itself is very moisturizing to help compensate for the drying stain.  One claim I don't agree with is that it lasts 16 hours through eating, drinking, kissing.  I kissed my arm after like 30 minutes and I had the definite kiss mark, so is it a miracle product? No.  But, it does last for a few hours without moving and there wasn't a terrible amount of transfer on my water glass.

I would never purchase this at full price as it was almost $9 at my store.  However, it was part of the new mark downs this week (select shades), so I decided at 50% off, I'd give it a go.

3 comments:

  1. I love those Revlon lipglosses, they are really amazing :) Great haul sweetie :)

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! The lippies look lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great swatches..i love teh colour!! prettty
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete