Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sephora Collection Advanced Airbrush Set - Chic Week Haul Part 2

I grabbed this set during Chic Week for an extra 15% off the normal $65 price tag (Sephora lists it as a $170 value...) and for the price, it's a good value. The brushes are made of synthetic fibers and the case is faux-leather in gunmetal gray.  It actually looks very chic and I almost thought it was real leather.
 
 
The set comes with 5 brushes (not pictured is the crease brush...which is back at my parents house).  The brushes you get: Powder, Foundation, Concealer, Crease, and Eyeshadow. I love the foundation brush (#56). I've used it 2 different brands of liquid foundatoin and it's been great each time. It just looks very well blended and "airbrushed". You can also build the coverage to your liking. I use the concealer brush (#57)  to get in any crevices of the face like around the nose. I've used it for concealer under the eye, but my favorite application for undereye concealer is still my finger.
 
 
Also liking the tapered blending brush (crease brush) . If you are a beginner or just don't have a lot of time to get ready in the morning, the blending brush blends it quickly and effectively in a few wind-shield wiper swipes. The regular eye shadow brush I don't love for all over the lid b/c I tend to pack more shadow on the lid, but again, it depends on the look you are going for.
 
These are full size brushes, but they come in a case that is convenient for travel.  I used it this past weekend for Easter holiday. The case is nice and best of all, you can wipe out the inside so you don't have to worry about make up staining.
 
The brush I don't love, but wanted to, is by far the powder brush.  It is almost too soft to be effective.  I'm going to try working with it some more, but I don't find that my powder looks better than when I apply it with a kabuki.  I've tried it with MAC MSF Natural and Eve Pearl HD Pressed Powder and neither application was that favorable.  It was decent, but this is not a brush I would ever purchase on its own.
 
I would repurchase this set if given the chance to do it again and I thought for a long time about this as I've had brushes from Vincent Longo, Urban Decay, Coastal Scents, LiLique, and Bare Minerals. Good value for what you are paying, even if you exclude the powder brush. However, if you are only looking for the foundation brush and don't need the concealer or eye brushes, I'd recommend getting the 55 or 56 individually.

1 comment: