Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lip Balm Rating List (Korres Lip Butter, MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner, Kiss of Milk and Honey, EOS, and CO Bigelow Lip Cream)

Here's a quick top list of the lip balms/lip treatments that I have tested. (List most to least fave)

1. Korres Lip Butter: While it is on the pricier side, this is my all time favorite and my go to lip product for evening. Super soft, wears a long time, smells great, and offers various shades that give your lips a tint. I own this in Jasmine, Pomegranate, Quince, and Wild Rose and I love them all.  For most natural color, I recommend Jasmine.

2. MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner (in calm mode): This came out with the Champale collection and I love the way that it feels on the lips.  Moisturizing and lasts a decent amount of time.  This collection came out with lavendar scented items, so this may turn off some people, but the conditioner works well, very light color (natural) and has SPF 15.

3. Nivea Kiss of Milk and Honey: LOVE the smell.  Smells like honey or toffee.  It reminds me of Honey I Washed the Kids from Lush.  Wear time is low, only about 1-2 hours for me.  It's softening, but I wouldn't choose it as my night-time moisturizing balm.

4. EOS Balm (in starfruit, not pictured): They get major points for the packaging, I love that I don't have to put my fingers in it, which keeps it more sanitary. Aside from the packaging, I don't love it.  It seems like the average drug store lipbalm, just in a better outfit.  Wear time is about 2-3 hours.  I don't like the starfruit scent, but I've smelled the mint one and enjoy that.

5. Essence of Beauty Lip Butter (from CVS in citrus coconut): I love the scent variety b/c I love coconut scents.  During a sale, it's about $3, so for the price, it's pretty good.  Feels very soft, but anytime I hear lip butter, I automatically compare it to Korres.  For drugstore, it would be my top pick at night for a moisturizer, but for day I'll still choose EOS.

6. CO Bigelow Lip Cream (in Lemon): I got this for about $2 at Bath & Body Works...and I wouldn't repurchase, even for $2.  It is a very oily lip cream (probably from the 2% lemon oil).  I feel like it wears off fairly quickly especially if you are eatting or drinking anything.  I tried this in winter because I thought it would be the best option because of the oils, but it seemed to wear off outside quickly and chapstick would be a better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment