Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Loose Color Concentrates Eyeshadow

One thing I love about OCC is that after each IMATS, they offer 20% off their website to their fans not able to attend. Plus, for my eco and ethically minded friends, their products are 100% vegan and cruelty free, as well as PETA-approved.

I placed an order for a couple items, mainly the liptars and the concentrates (all colors on their page can be used on the eyes EXCEPT cherry bomb)
I placed an order for Clove and Smote
The packaging is little sifter jars.  I admit in comparison to a MAC pigment, I much prefer the sifter lids. You get 2.5 grams for $12 (plus 20% during the sale).
Clove is a shimmery champagne color.  I love it as an all over lid color.
Swatch without flash (left, clove, then smote)

with flash (bottom clove, top smote)

Smote is listed as a "tin-taupe shimmer" and was hyped on youtube for a hot minute.  Some people think it's a dupe for satin taupe, but really, I don't get the taupe out of this.  I get more brown.  It's still a great color, but not that purpley grayish taupey brown I was looking for.  It also has much more shimmer than clove to the point there is almost more of a glitter look.

There is fall-out with these shadows as they are loose pigments.

I also own pigments from Coastal Scents which give you a huge container for a couple bucks.  Honestly, I wouldn't repurchase these because the coastal scents pigments are a much better value.  I still like the colors I got and the lip tars (review and swatches coming soon) are a huge hit with me, but the shadows, ehhh, I just feel like it isn't worth $12 unless you are looking for a really vibrant blue or green.  For neutrals, I would recommend looking elsewhere and saving your money for a liptar if you want to try an OCC product.

Rating (1-5): 2 (product pigmentation is great, but the value isn't there as there are other pigments/micas that work similarly)
Repurchase: No

3 comments:

  1. Clove is so pretty! It's too bad that you're not impressed. I'm not generally a fan of loose shadows though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thank for the review oo is get it when you mean about the product when you said about the rating^^
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete