Saturday, March 19, 2011

Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation Review

After falling in love with teh Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer, I wanted to try one of the foundation.  I had watched good reviews on youtube, so I thought I'd try out Mat Velvet, but it's just not for me.  I have combo skin, but leaning more towards dry (especially with winter just ending) and the foundation seems to accentuate the dry patches way too much.

I have applied the foundation with a stipling brush, buffer brush, and flat foundation brush to try out a variety.  I also tried various primers from Korres, LORAC, and Rimmel.  Despite all this, I haven't been able to blend the foundation to where the dry patches do not stand out, even when applying section by section.

I think this foundation would work best on oily skin that needs more of a matifying effect, but on my skin, I look overly dry. The coverage is medium to full and I think it's great paired with the full cover concealer.

Cost: $34 for 1.01 oz

Rating: 3 (this foundation is much better for oily skin types).

No comments:

Post a Comment